Call Your Plumbing Contractor
When a regular drain in your home gets clogged, the resulting backup situation is more inconvenient than harmful. This is not the case with sewage line backups. Sewage backups in Hoboken throw out all the dirty and contaminated sewer water and waste that has been flushed into it. This sludge needs to be avoided at all costs because it contains a variety of bacteria and viruses that are very dangerous and infectious.
The most important thing to do in such situations is to waste no time in calling your local plumbing contractors and sewage cleanup specialists in New Jersey. Leave the grunge work to the professionals who will ensure that the area is cleaned up and completely decontaminated.
Once a sewage backup occurs, there are a few things that you can do to reduce health hazards and other damages.
- Call the plumbing contractors, sewage line cleanup specialists and mitigation experts immediately. A reputed professional firm will work with your insurance company so that will be one less thing for you to worry about.
- Don’t touch anything with your bare hands.
- Keep children and pets far away from the contaminated area.
- Isolate the contaminated space till the professionals get to you.
- Keep an eye on children and pets as well as other members in the family and check for signs of sewage exposure which may include vomiting, diarrhea, shivering, and fever as well as stomach pain. If any of these symptoms manifest, take the affected person to the doctor immediately.
Prevent sewage backup problems in Hoboken by following tips like:
- Don’t drain cooking grease directly into the toilet.
- Don’t flush sanitary napkins, dirty diapers and the like.
- Don’t plant trees or shrubs near the exterior sewage pipe.
If you are faced with a sewage backup, call sewage cleanup specialists immediately.
Share this post: