Do you think you know EVERYTHING there is to know about Water Damage?
Take our Truth or False Quiz and Find Out Today!
TRUTH OR FALSE?
1. Flooding only occurs in cities that experience rainfall or snow.
2. If water damage is caused by a natural disaster or severe weather systems, homeowner’s insurance will cover the water damage repair costs.
3.The first week after the water damage occurs is the most important stage for water damage restoration.
4. Water damage can occur from flooding, burst pipes, or human error.
5. There is no guarantee that your home or business will not experience water damage even when you take precautionary measures.
6. It only takes 1 inch of water to cause severe water damage in your home or business property.
7. If mold grows from water damage, your homeowner’s insurance will cover the cost of mold removal.
8. Most water damage originates in the bathroom, kitchen, and living room.
9. If you accidently leave your kitchen sink water running, you will waste 5 gallons of water per minute.
10. Gray water damage, caused by washing machines, dishwashers, and toilet water is the most dangerous water damage for your health.
1. FALSE. Flooding occurs in every city, across all 50 states.
2. FALSE. Most homeowner’s insurance will not cover water damages from natural disaster unless you specifically requested this as an add-on to your insurance policy. Depending on the severity of the weather systems, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will step in and cover the costs of the water damage to your property.
3. FALSE. The first 48 hours are the most crucial in water damage restoration.
7. FALSE. If mold grows from water damage, your homeowner’s insurance will most likely deny your claim since mold growth from water damage is considered negligent behavior on the part of the homeowner. It is important to get your home inspected by a professional water damage restoration company at least once a year to prevent this.
8. FALSE. Most water damage originates in the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room.
10. FALSE. The most dangerous water damage is caused by black water, such as a sewage backup or toilet overflow that originates from toilet plumbing.
If you experience a water damage emergency, 911 Restoration of San Diego is available 24/7 for all types of water damage. 911 Restoration of San Diego is licensed, certified, and bonded. We also offer free visual inspection and estimates to give you peace of mind and prevent severe water damage from taking place. Call today for A Fresh Start! (888) 243 – 6653.
Share this post: